The Carolina Panthers are starting to make some moves before the NFL free-agency period begins next week, here are a few of the highlights.
(1) Carolina Panthers franchise tagged Josh Norman on March 1st, virtually ensuring he will be a Panther for the 2016. The Panthers also continue to work on a long-term deal with Norman and have until July 15th to get that worked out.
(2) Carolina Panthers released veteran defense end Charles Johnson on March 3rd, an expected move. Johnson has a down season in 2015 and would entering the final season of his current contract. The move saves the Panthers $11 million in salary cap money for 2016.
(3) Carolina Panthers plan to bring in WR Brandon LaFell for physical after he was cut from the New England Patriots on March 2nd.
(4) Carolina Panthers resigned exclusive rights free-agent Ben Jabobs to a contract extension on March 2nd.
(5) Carolina Panthers long-snapper J.J. Jasen was signed to a new five year deal on Febraury 17th, ensuring he would not become a free-agent.