After some impressive upsets in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, the second round is shaping up up be a good on. After basically everyone brackets are completely busted after the first 64 games, let's just look ahead now to what to expect in round two. Will there be any easy games? Most likely not, but their will be a potential for some more major upsets. Lets take a look at those here.
(1) North Carolina vs. (9) Providence - This will not be an easy game for the number one seeded Tarheels, as this Providence team have some players that can really score and create havoc, led by guard Kris Dunn. I honestly don't think Providence has what it takes to upset UNC, but I wouldn't' at all be surprised to see this game come down to the final four minutes to determine a winner. But in the end: North Carolina 86 - Providence 80
(4) Indiana vs, (5) Kentucky - This is probably the most evenly match-uped game in the 2nd round, and it's a complete shame that one of the teams will have to have the number one seeded Tarheals in round 3, and that they have to play each other in the second round. Indiana and Kentucky has been a classic match-up for years, and don't expect this one to be any different. Look for both teams to get their key players involved and involved early. They key will be who can stay our of foul trouble. I don't know why, but I am leaning toward Indiana in this game. Indiana 94 - Kentucky 92 in Overtime. This will be a classic
(11) Gonzaga vs. (3) Utah - Call me crazy, but when it comes March, I like Gonazaga. The Bulldogs always seem to click in March. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Gonzaga upset Utah and get a spot in the Sweet 16. If I have to pick one, this is my upset special on round two. Gonzaga 64 - Utah 63.
(12) Arkansas Little-Rock vs. Iowa St. - Little Rock showed me a lot in their win over a very good Purdue team. Iowa St better not come into this came lazy thinking they have an easy match-up. It's anything but that. Little Rock is a hard-nosed team with a lot of confidence after beating Purdue, and don't let that confidence be understated. Now I think Iowa St is definitely the better team, and if they play their game, they should win. But if they let Little Rock hang around, watch out. Iowa St 66 - Little Rock 55.
(7) Wisconsin vs. (2) Xavier - Another great match-up in the second round. I'm not sure you could consider either one of these teams winning an upset, other than in the seeding. But this Wisconsin team is very good, and will give Xavier everything they can handle plus some. I could easily see this game going into overtime and foul trouble may play a big role in this game. Wisconsin 77 - Xavier 73.
Teams I still are safe in the round of 32 (for what it's worth):