(1) Cam Newton: Newton is the best player in the game today, no matter what position. Newton's physical and athletic abilities are something that have rarely ever been seen in the NFL ever before. Newton won the NFL MVP & top the Panthers to Super Bowl 50 with starting WRs Ted Ginn & Philly Brown. Imagine what Newton will do this year with a healthy Kelvin Benjamin, a much improved Devin Funchess and his trusty TE Greg Olsen at his disposal. Newton lead the Panther to the league's highest scoring offense with a mediocre receiving core around him (minus Olsen), imagine what Newton will do with Benjamin, Funchess, Olsen and speedster Ginn and Brown at his disposal this year.
(2) Panthers defensive line: The Panthers defensive live is one of the nastiest in the league, led by All-Pro DT Kawaan Short. DE Kony Ealy really emerged last season, and with Charles Johnson, Star Lotulilei, first round pick Vernon Davis and newly acquired Paul Sololia and the back ups, the Panthers will constantly get pressure on opposing QBs, into turn take a lot of pressure on two rookie corner backs.
(3) Linebackers: Luke Kuechly & Thomas Davis are arguably the best linebacking pair in the NFL. Throw in Shaq Thompson, who had an outstanding rookie season last year, the Panthers linebacker corps will be nasty. Pair that with the Panthers DL, it will be a nightmare for opposing offenses.
(4) Kelvin Benjamin & Devin Funchess: The twin towers. Benjamin had a 1,000+ yard year his rookie season in 2014 & Funchess really came in at the end of the season last year. Through in Olsen, Ginn and Brown, this Panthers offense will be almost impossible to stop. Look for Funchess and Benjamin to both surpass the 1,000 Yard mark this season.
(5) Coaching Staff: All too often the chemistry on the coaching staff gets overlooked. Panthers head coach Ron Rivera seems to get overlooked a lot, and coordinators Sean McDermott and Mike Shula are two of the best in the game. The Panthers went 15-1 last season not simple because of their players, but the schemes these extraordinary coaches put in place week to week.
(6) Kurt Coleman & Tre Boston: Coleman had a career year in 2015 and there is absolutely no reason to believe he will regress in 2016. This Will be Boston's first full year as a starter, but he has proven he can make plays and make a difference for the Panthers defense. Expect big things from Coleman & Boston in 2016.